Despite the fact that the title may end up sounding more of a click-bait, but trust us, this technique really works. If anybody is left in the dark then there’s a slight background check. Google pictures allows you to upload images and videos over to its cloud. as soon as the upload is complete, you could free up the device’s storage space through deleting those documents. however this comes with a catch. You get Google photos unlimited storage only if you upload your media files in high quality (a slightly compressed model of your original quality images).
In case you rather choose to upload the pics in all its shine and glory aka original quality, then you will only get 15GB of free storage. And thinking about the reality that this 15GB is shared throughout Gmail and drive as well, there is usually a dearth of storage space. before you continue, you must check out how you may allow dark mode in Google photos.
But the usage of the trick noted on this guide, you could effortlessly upload unlimited numbers of pictures/movies and that too in original quality. And for that, you don’t must spend a dime. moreover, it doesn’t require a rooted device nor any third party app installed either. simply follow the instructions stated below to get unlimited photographs storage for free. earlier than beginning with the system, make certain your device is lag-free. Have a take a look at the tips to speed up lagging Android devices.
Before starting with the method, make sure you’ve got a couple of Google account with you. If that isn’t the case, then create a brand new Google Account. as soon as done, proceed with the below instructions.
- In your Android device, open the photos app.
- tap on the three horizontally stacked lines present on the top left to open the Menu.
- Now tap for your currently logged in account. A drop-down list will appear. You want to feature the Google Account which you have simply created within the starting. this can act as a proxy in getting unlimited photos storage at no cost.
- For that, pick out the upload another account option from the menu.
- At this level, you will must authenticate your device the usage of your password or fingerprint. once done, enter the email and password of the newly created account. note: if you haven’t but created a Google Account, you may do so right now as well. tap on the Create Account option located at the bottom left and follow the on-display screen commands.
- once you have got efficiently created/logged in with the newly created email, open the images app. Now visit the menu phase and transfer your account to the newly created one.
- From the photos app, tap the hamburger menu present at the top left.
- Switch over to the account for that you want to test the storage space. you could do so through tapping to your primary account. Then from the drop-down list, select the favored account.
- Now, tap on manage your Google Account.
- Scroll a little down until you reach the accounts storage section. There you could see the remaining storage space. however, in case you want a far detailed break-down of it, tap on manage storage.
- choose an account dialog box will pop up. select the preferred account and press ok. you may now be taken to the Google One page where you may see how much storage space Gmail, drive, and photos are consuming.
- Similarly, if you want to check for any other account, tap on your avatar present on the top right and select the desired account.
With that, we conclude our guide on getting unlimited Google Photos storage for free. Do share your views on the same, down in the comments section below.