Whether you enjoy it topped with corn, overloaded cheese, paneer, or slices of chicken, chances that you might delight all varieties offered in a pizza hut menu. it was featured with the iconic red roof, the pizza chain started in the 1950s at Kansas, and afterward expanded in various parts of Russia, Armenia, and Iceland. Pizza Hut is one of the largest pizza chains on this globe, but there is numerous fact that you need to know about it. It is consistently offering some of the tastiest, freshest, and delighted pizzas on the Earth. Following are some of the amazing and unknown facts about pizza hut menu-
- Founded by Two Brothers:In 1958, Kansas brothers Dan Carney and Frank Carney has borrowed $600 from their mother to open a pizza point in Wichita, Kansas. At the time, they were studying at Wichita State University and the location of the first restaurant is still open today.
- Delivered First to ISS: It became the first pizza chain to deliver a pie in 2001 to the International Space Station. It paid $1 million as the transport cost of the pizza and with it made a commercial start. A pie was sent via a resupply rocket to Astronaut Yuri Usachov of Russia.
- Delivered at Mt. Kilimanjaro:A delivery boy of Pizza Hut has traveled 6-hours to bring the pizza to the highest point in Africa – Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. A piping hot pizza was delivered in a special bag by a professional hiker, which put the first pizza point in the ‘Guinness Book of World Records’.
- Pizza Hut Name: It was named “Pizza Hut” as one of the founder’s wives think that the 500 sq.ft first building resembles a hut. There is also a very complex story behind the name, as the sign outside the first restaurant building had space for eight letters, so Kansas brothers gave a simple title that fits.
- Engrave The Moon: The first pizza chain has expressed the interest to have its logo inscribed using lasers on the Moon in 1999. However, the plan was unsuccessful as the logo to be visible from the space, would need to be the same size as Texas.
- Had Fragrance Line:The first pizza chain had plans to unveil a limited-edition fragrance in 2012, which would smell like fresh mixture with the flavor of spices. However, only a hundred lucky fans of the pizza hut menu got the chance to try the limited edition perfume.
- Delivers Around Hundred Countries: It has more than 16000 individual pizza stores across the world, baking pies in countries like Finland, Mongolia, and Armenia. Tanzania was the 100th nation to avail of the pizzas in 2016. In 1968, the first international pizza point was opened in Canada.
- Introduced Online Delivery Service:Pizza Hut unveiled the first online delivery service for pizzas in the year 1994. And the first online delivery was for a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and mushrooms. Amazon started its online delivery service in 1995.
The above-mentioned are some of the unknown facts about Pizza Hut, which are interesting, isn’t it?